Pediatric Dentistry is dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years.
We provide an environment designed to make kids feel comfortable and relaxed – with plenty of toys, movies, activities, and fun decor. Our dentists are specially trained to treat anything that affects your child’s oral health as young as 6 months. We compassionately serve special needs children, including those who are Autistic or have Down Syndrome. Our doctors utilize special diagnostic tools, behavioral management techniques, in-office sedation, and hospital dentistry to offer your children the best dental experience they can have.
What Kind of Training Do Pediatric Dentists Have?
Pediatric dentists have completed at least:
- Four years of dental school
- Two additional years of residency training in dentistry for infants, children, teens, and children with special needs
What Types of Treatments Do Pediatric Dentists Provide?
Pediatric dentists provide comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulum, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
We love our patients and love to help them form a healthy dental life that will last them a lifetime. Lancaster Dental is a dental clinic in Lancaster, Bellaire Acres, Westridge, Lancaster North, and Ten Mile Creek Neighborhood we have the best dental services in Texas: General & Cosmetic Dentistry, Crowns & Bridges, Dental Implants, Emergency Services, Teeth Whitening, Pediatric Dentistry, Braces & Invisalign For more information call us to answer all of your questions so you can get an appointment today.